Monday 13 August 2012

During House Renovations - The Varnish Discovery

I mixed what was left of two tins of stain & varnish and stored it in this ice cream container.


Apparently stain & varnish does not keep well in ice cream containers.


The floors are still waiting to be varnished months later because the effort involved in walking and/or bussing to the hardware store is too overwhelming for me. 

My sister suggested I ask my brother-in-law if he can get me some stain & varnish because he works in a paint store. 

It never would have occurred to me that I could ask someone to get them for me or, strangely, that my brother-in-law sells stain & varnish in his paint store.

One day, floorboards.  One day.



More photos of me mucking around during House Renovations:
During House Renovations - Flipping Underlay Residue
During House Renovations - Scrubbing Day with Pippi Longstocking

Photos of House Renovations where I'm not mucking around:
House Renovations - Loungeroom 
House Renovations - Bedroom

A tragic story about curtains which features the loungeroom floorboards:
Out, damned spot! Out, I say!



No comments:

Post a Comment